Monday, October 12, 2009

Warriors vs. FCA - First Homecoming Ever

What an awesome night! It was the first homecoming ever for the Skipstone Warriors and it rocked the house! I don’t want to sound like a broken record, but man, we just keep getting better. We scored in the first half! First time ever. We engineered some awesome offensive drives and really controlled the ball. The defense was phenomenal. If it weren’t for three freak plays in the beginning of the third quarter, the score would have been 15 to 14. And if the offensive coordinator had made a couple less mistakes (yep, that would be me), the outcome might have been very different. Regardless, our Warriors were terrific!

Most of our guys were back and healthy and it showed. And we were really fired up. That showed too. The statistics showed improvement as well. Tommy Couch rushed for 57 yards, one touchdown and a two point conversion. Tommy also had three receptions for another 20 yards. Dustin Barnett rushed for 33 yards and scored a touchdown on an awesome fumble recovery. He also went 8 for 12 in passing. Will Brand rushed for 38 yards and had one reception and Ty Reeves rushed for 94 yards and had another 44 yards on four receptions. The O Line was great and really controlled the line of scrimmage.

Defensively, Ty Reeves and Braxton “the Beast” Pryor had 11 tackles each. Tommy Couch had 8 tackles, Chris Siebert had 6 tackles, Will Brand had 5, Ethan Bonds and Troy “Tank” Tankersly had 4 each and Adam Gauotte had two stops.

The atmosphere was the best yet. Half time is forever burned into my memory as I walked my little girl down the field for the home coming court. I know my wife feels the same way, as she walked our oldest son, number 22 (DL) down the field too. It was great fun and it is just amazing to me how each and every week just gets better and better. The excitement is contagious and I love it. But back to football…

Our Warriors have been dedicated and working really hard and it is really making a difference. I am extremely proud of their performance and their character. I am so excited about our game next week. If we keep progressing as we have been over the coming weeks, I think our season will end very, very well.

Continuous praise and thanks to all the Skipstone volunteers, administration, families and students. You all are the best! I am humbled by your dedication and support. Thank you for all you do, for without you, none of this would be possible. And I thank the Lord daily for this opportunity. I am so blessed to be a part of this amazing place.

With Warrior love,

Coach Cupp